The late Professor Richard T. France (1938-2012) delivered the 1989 Annual Moore College Lectures, “Divine Government: God’s Kingship in Mark” at Moore Theological College. Professor France was also the author of the New International Greek Testament Commentary, The Gospel of Mark: A Commentary on the Greek Text (Eerdmans Publishing, 2002).
Videos of the lectures in the series are available on Vimeo. All five lectures are also available in mp3 audio format (links below).
1. God rules: the background to the concept of the Kingdom of God
2. Government secrets: Mark 4 and the mysteries of the Kingdom of God
3. Revolutionary government: the “upside-down” values of the Kingdom of God
4. Government and power: Mark 9:1 and the coming of the Kingdom of God
5. The government on his shoulder: Jesus as King